Some suggestions for things that NEED to be in the shop

Please post your suggestions to the server, webpage and forum in this forum!
USER_AVATAR
jcspaintball
Last login: 13 years ago
Played: 156 hours
Blocks Mined: 109,090
Achievements: 44

Some suggestions for things that NEED to be in the shop

Post by jcspaintball » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:45 pm

I have 2 lists of things that I feel need to be in the shop. 1 list is for items I feel people need, and other people can provide, and therefore will sell/buy. This list would include:
Eggs
Coal
Wheat
Mossy Cobble
Red Mushroom
Brown Mushroom
Apples
Wood(Birtch)
Wood(Pine)
Wood(Normal Logs)
Bones

The other list would be stuff people find/harvest alot of, but don't use alot, so we be nice to unload. This list is not as important, but still would be nice for those who like to make money, like me(don't know why it is just fun!!)
Redstone
String
Feathers
Gunpowder
Flint
Cacti
Sugar Cane/Sugar
Gravel

Ideas? Other items? Thanks nide for thinking about it, really appreciate it!!

USER_AVATAR
BlackDragonRage
Played: 23 hours
Blocks Mined: 58,340
Achievements: 48

Re: Some suggestions for things that NEED to be in the shop

Post by BlackDragonRage » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:11 pm

This seems like a cool list, but I do have some things about it to address. Please don't take it personally because this is just things that I see that may or may not affect the *fun factor* of the game.

-From these lists, the items i can see being good to add would be woods and mossy cobble. I am not sure about the rest because it depends on the situation and some just seem as if it either wouldn't be very used or would kill the game a bit much. For example, cacti could be nice if you are using it for dyes. Coal could be good too, but that may be a bit iffy. sugar cane you should be growing that yourself. Gunpowder seems rather useless when TNT is off. Eggs in the store may make it too easy to make cakes. I guess for me, it would only seem worth putting some things in a shop if they weren't so easily obtainable. I mean that both in how easy it is to gain naturally and how easy (cheap) it would be in the shop. I do not know how much money everyone has, but if some of these items were bought for the price i see things like coco beans and sand sell for, it would mean a great surplus of those items in the world, then it would not be worth much to go get it yourself or buy from someone.

USER_AVATAR
jcspaintball

Post by jcspaintball » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:33 pm

BlackDragonRage wrote: -From these lists, the items i can see being good to add would be woods and mossy cobble. I am not sure about the rest because it depends on the situation and some just seem as if it either wouldn't be very used or would kill the game a bit much. For example, cacti could be nice if you are using it for dyes. Coal could be good too, but that may be a bit iffy. sugar cane you should be growing that yourself. Gunpowder seems rather useless when TNT is off. Eggs in the store may make it too easy to make cakes. I guess for me, it would only seem worth putting some things in a shop if they weren't so easily obtainable. I mean that both in how easy it is to gain naturally and how easy (cheap) it would be in the shop. I do not know how much money everyone has, but if some of these items were bought for the price i see things like coco beans and sand sell for, it would mean a great surplus of those items in the world, then it would not be worth much to go get it yourself or buy from someone.
To answer some of the things you put, I added things like cacti, wheat, sugar cane so that people who spend time harvesting could make money off of it. That way, there are multiple ways on our server to "make" money. Want to farm? Go ahead, and sell it to the shop. Wanna mine a ton of redstone? More power to you! Want to kill a ton of creepers and harvest gunpowder to sell to the shop and get rich? It just gives more options. I am not saying make gunpowder worth 1000 coins, but even 2 or 3 would be cool. Just an idea, that is all. And I love feedback, so you won't hurt my feelings, trying to get the forums going!!!

USER_AVATAR
BlackDragonRage
Played: 23 hours
Blocks Mined: 58,340
Achievements: 48

Post by BlackDragonRage » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:27 am

Okay I see that. Yes I think giving people more ways to make money would be great. I think for it to be most successful at that point would be to make more things cost something. In this way, money will play a more important role in people's lives because currently, I don't know how many people actually spend. So when I think about people just getting things to sell to the shop just to get money, it doesn't really make sense to just get money except maybe to be in the highscore list. So where I think these additions would be great as well as some other additions not stated, I would just hope that there is something in place to balance that.

USER_AVATAR
jcspaintball

Post by jcspaintball » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:29 pm

No one else wants this?? More items equals more money!!