Possible New Achievements

Please post your suggestions to the server, webpage and forum in this forum!
USER_AVATAR
BlackDragonRage
Last login: 13 years ago
Played: 23 hours
Blocks Mined: 58,340
Achievements: 48

Possible New Achievements

Post by BlackDragonRage » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:48 pm

I know I and others like having achievements in the game because it gives you something more to work towards. That being said, I think it would be cool to have even more achievements so if anyone has possible achievement ideas, just leave it in a comment here.

I would also like to know what people's thoughts are about having quests. I am not sure if the quest would be automated quests or just shouted out (through message of the day "motd" or chat) in game, but I feel like it would be a new spark of fun into minecraft.

USER_AVATAR
BlackDragonRage
Played: 23 hours
Blocks Mined: 58,340
Achievements: 48

Re: Possible New Achievements

Post by BlackDragonRage » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:52 pm

For new achievements, here are a few that I have in mind. They are just general.

-kill # of spiders
-Kill # of skeletons
-Kill # of zombies
-Kill # of creepers
-Kill # (maybe 1) Jockey
-retrieve a certain number of ink sacs
-Achievement for putting up a number of paintings
-picking up a # of red flowers
-Make a certain number of cakes
-Collect and cook # of fish
-collect # of eggs
-Environmentalist - plant # of saplings

More just funny, but maybe not so good ones
- die by lava # times (not sure if that can be recorded)
-drown

Oh and maybe each achievement can come with some type of prize. Maybe giving coins can be an acceptable prize once iconomy is up.

more ideas to come later

USER_AVATAR
emperial7
Accountname: Emperial7
Played: 57 hours
Blocks Mined: 24,822
Achievements: 18

Post by emperial7 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:07 pm

cool ideas =) i also think that the exist acheivements should be given rewards as well

USER_AVATAR
Goidel
Last login: 5 years ago
Played: 2 hours
Blocks Mined: 18
Achievements: 39

Post by Goidel » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:09 pm

Yeah new achievements would be cool as well as changing prices to coins for some of the achievements.
Well here's my list of new recommended achievements in priority order
1. Lumberjack IV (for chopping 1000 wood)
2. Milkan I,II,III (for milking cows # nr of times)
3. Prof. Boxer II,III (for hitting the air # nr of times)
You say "plz" because it's shorter than "please"
I say "no" because it's shorter than "yes"

USER_AVATAR
fridgeways
Last login: 8 years ago
Played: 210 hours
Blocks Mined: 85,602
Achievements: 52

Post by fridgeways » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:22 am

Achievements:

Reached highest point on the map
Reached lowest point on the map
Million blocks placed

nidefawl
Premium 6
Last login: 5 months ago
Played: 2,264 hours
Blocks Mined: 98,426
Achievements: 102

Post by nidefawl » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:38 am

Right now the Stats-plugin can not keep track of monster-kills! Only damage done do different mob types.

@fridgways
Someone at the bukkit forum also suggested to add tracking when a player bedrock/height-limit hits.
Need to get this in.
ImageImageImage

USER_AVATAR
fridgeways
Last login: 8 years ago
Played: 210 hours
Blocks Mined: 85,602
Achievements: 52

Arena/Warzone idea

Post by fridgeways » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:25 am

I go on a bit of a rant but bear with me.............

What about a biiiiiig designated PVP area? Ive been on some vanilla servers, where anything goes. No such thing as griefing on a server like that. And I Really enjoyed it. Blow of some steam etc, more competitive.

Imagine this:

-Your only command is to warp out of PVP area, back to regular crafland, which you would be free to do at any point. (but u might not get your achievements or bets, if u leave early :D )

-You could bring stuff into the arena/pvp zone area with you, to improve your Odds of survival, this would allow for quicker setups of bases and make the games there alot quicker paced.

-It could be a long term clan war thing/ or short death matches.

-A precious material like obsidian or gold blocks perhaps could be indestructible once brought into PVP area. except to the VIP player/team who placed them. This way there wont be indestructible bases and shit all over the place. but the few structures players have saved up for, become true centers of power, and realistically defensive structures. in a world of destruction where you really dont want to be outside. That being said, doors wont be indestructible, so you could still have your precious base stolen. but at least u have a chance of repelling raiders, in a fairly traditional manner.

-Then you could have a series of achievements:

-Survivalist1/2/3=I survived 1/2/3 hour in the PVP area
-serial killer=3/4/5 or 6 consecutive pvp kills
-man make weapon=defeated foe with bone
-the punch is mightier than the sword= beat a armed opponent with fists
-etc etc so many possibilities

-You could have a bit of code like the hunt idea, but instead it would say..."a deathmatch will begin in the PVP zone in 10 minutes type /pvpnow to sign up"

-Think how much more of an achievement a town in the PVP zone would be! Defending against legal-griefers. like marauding barbarians.

-It could become popular for gambling...."death match begins in 10 mins, entry is 5 redstone, prize 5 redstone x players"

-You could gamble on how long you or other players will stay alive, who dies the most etc, again a clever plugin probably would be needed to do this, could become like betting on a boxing match.

-Then we would not only get shopkeepers, food merchants and hotel managers, but maybe bookmakers taking bets.

-CTF? or capture the diamond or chicken?

-Duelling? and old fashion way to settle disputes???

- A base would be quite easy to take, when no one is about, so maybe pvp area only functions between say 1700 hours to 2000 hours, that way people who want to make a base and defend it, but have lives to live, can have the fun of PVP without having to guard there base 24/7.

In case someone asks: Why not just go on a PVP server?
-Well for a start this place has a nice sense of community, that means after having weeks of nice peaceful building with someone who you know. You can go and fight and defend with someone you trust to see the game through with you.
-I really enjoy the no holds barred style of minecraft, but only in small doses, if this were possible it would seem like the best of both worlds, a peaceful section of map, and a section like a post apocalyptic wasteland, to earn money and rewards with people i know, then when I warp out cash in my rewards and carry on with my projects.

I think I have listed enough, they are just suggestions, I could go on for pages and pages...My point is changing just one small item on the list would change the style of pvp immensely. The possibilities are so vast.

This whole idea could be not possible by the technical brickwalls, ie lack of plugins etc.

I daresay it would take a lot of tweaking to get the settings fun, fast and balanced, but im sure it would be worth it. As I think the idea sounds amazing,

Just wondering if anyone agrees, or you think I should sod off and join a PVP server? :P :P :P

Thanks for reading this far!

nidefawl
Premium 6

Post by nidefawl » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:17 am

nidefawl wrote:Right now the Stats-plugin can not keep track of monster-kills! Only damage done do different mob types.

@fridgways
Someone at the bukkit forum also suggested to add tracking when a player bedrock/height-limit hits.
Need to get this in.
now it keeps track of monster kills!
ImageImageImage

nidefawl
Premium 6

Re: Arena/Warzone idea

Post by nidefawl » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:43 am

fridgeways wrote:I go on a bit of a rant but bear with me.............

What about a biiiiiig designated PVP area? Ive been on some vanilla servers, where anything goes. No such thing as griefing on a server like that. And I Really enjoyed it. Blow of some steam etc, more competitive.

Imagine this:

-Your only command is to warp out of PVP area, back to regular crafland, which you would be free to do at any point. (but u might not get your achievements or bets, if u leave early :D )

-You could bring stuff into the arena/pvp zone area with you, to improve your Odds of survival, this would allow for quicker setups of bases and make the games there alot quicker paced.

-It could be a long term clan war thing/ or short death matches.

-A precious material like obsidian or gold blocks perhaps could be indestructible once brought into PVP area. except to the VIP player/team who placed them. This way there wont be indestructible bases and shit all over the place. but the few structures players have saved up for, become true centers of power, and realistically defensive structures. in a world of destruction where you really dont want to be outside. That being said, doors wont be indestructible, so you could still have your precious base stolen. but at least u have a chance of repelling raiders, in a fairly traditional manner.

-Then you could have a series of achievements:

-Survivalist1/2/3=I survived 1/2/3 hour in the PVP area
-serial killer=3/4/5 or 6 consecutive pvp kills
-man make weapon=defeated foe with bone
-the punch is mightier than the sword= beat a armed opponent with fists
-etc etc so many possibilities

-You could have a bit of code like the hunt idea, but instead it would say..."a deathmatch will begin in the PVP zone in 10 minutes type /pvpnow to sign up"

-Think how much more of an achievement a town in the PVP zone would be! Defending against legal-griefers. like marauding barbarians.

-It could become popular for gambling...."death match begins in 10 mins, entry is 5 redstone, prize 5 redstone x players"

-You could gamble on how long you or other players will stay alive, who dies the most etc, again a clever plugin probably would be needed to do this, could become like betting on a boxing match.

-Then we would not only get shopkeepers, food merchants and hotel managers, but maybe bookmakers taking bets.

-CTF? or capture the diamond or chicken?

-Duelling? and old fashion way to settle disputes???

- A base would be quite easy to take, when no one is about, so maybe pvp area only functions between say 1700 hours to 2000 hours, that way people who want to make a base and defend it, but have lives to live, can have the fun of PVP without having to guard there base 24/7.

In case someone asks: Why not just go on a PVP server?
-Well for a start this place has a nice sense of community, that means after having weeks of nice peaceful building with someone who you know. You can go and fight and defend with someone you trust to see the game through with you.
-I really enjoy the no holds barred style of minecraft, but only in small doses, if this were possible it would seem like the best of both worlds, a peaceful section of map, and a section like a post apocalyptic wasteland, to earn money and rewards with people i know, then when I warp out cash in my rewards and carry on with my projects.

I think I have listed enough, they are just suggestions, I could go on for pages and pages...My point is changing just one small item on the list would change the style of pvp immensely. The possibilities are so vast.

This whole idea could be not possible by the technical brickwalls, ie lack of plugins etc.

I daresay it would take a lot of tweaking to get the settings fun, fast and balanced, but im sure it would be worth it. As I think the idea sounds amazing,

Just wondering if anyone agrees, or you think I should sod off and join a PVP server? :P :P :P

Thanks for reading this far!

PVP Areas are a cool thing to have! I'll def work out a large pvp area where you get notified when you get in, warped out if you can't pay the fee to enter.

My idead would be to have predefined indestructable bases. For each hour a player/team holds a base he/they get rewarded.
To get a base you have to stay there for a while.

Another idea would be not to have these indestructable bases but have a reward over the whole area that gets divided by the players in it. To protect yourself you build your base.

Additionaly there could be a flag or something a base can hold and that can be stolen.

As this is a worldwide server in some sence its hard tell when to acitvate such areas. So i'm more lilkely to have it run 24/7

Area achievements will be added afterwards.

I think i will start with a little PVP arena where you pay a fee to enter/not get warped out.
ImageImageImage