Reset: Y/N

Please post your suggestions to the server, webpage and forum in this forum!
VepaS
Premium 1
Last login: 5 years ago
Played: 1,661 hours
Blocks Mined: 456,216
Achievements: 106

Reset: Y/N

Post by VepaS » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:06 am

Only french lines why and why not. 1 post/player. No other discussion.
Below quote from topic: RESET?
VepaS wrote:I suggest that I make a new thread where you post your reasons that why to reset and why not to reset, with french lines.
No other discussion to that topic. Make it good so everyone can see the reasons.
Age si quid agis.

Killgun
Premium 1
Accountname: KILLGUN345
Last login: 8 years ago
Played: 912 hours
Blocks Mined: 62,183
Achievements: 51

Re: Reset: Y/N

Post by Killgun » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:31 pm

No because...
I have other ways to fix the economy.
1. Grinders have no effect on MonsterHunt. Grinders won't get people money! You have to fight naturally spawning mobs.
2. Grinders have no effect on McMMO. You have to go and fight naturally spawning mobs to level up. Reset McMMO with a 1000 level cap.
3. Reset money.
4. Make unobtainable blocks obtainable maybe? Not hard! Put them all in the shop! You all say "Oh but they're all to OP" but they aren't. Make them obtainable.
5. Reset all spawners. Go ahead.
6. Reset the Nether.
7. Reset the End.
8. Start newbies off with something. Maybe a full set of stone tools, gold armor, maybe? Even $50 too.
9. Tighten up on the rules. If you don't want somebody doing something that harms the economy, DON'T LET THEM DO IT.
10. Finally, if there's a reset, all these ideas will go to waste. I beg of you to just CONSIDER what I have said here.

Thank you for your time.
~Ritz~
http://nightriderturbo.com/
AHHHHHHHHH
GOTTA STEER OHGODOHGOD *steering wheel pops off*
NONONOOOO WELL MAYBE MY LAST MOMENTS WILL IN PEACEFUL MUSIC *accidently tears out radio*
WHYYYYYYYY
~Ritz~

Handyman
Premium 6
Accountname: handman1991
Last login: 5 years ago
Played: 2,219 hours
Blocks Mined: 733,406
Achievements: 126

Post by Handyman » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:00 pm

Yes, there should be a reset.
Why, you may ask, well I think it will do good for all of the server.
At the moment the total economy is screwed up, why? Because some players like to exploit every tiny bit there is.
Look at a diamond ore vain of 8 pieces, with mcmmo and silktouch you can get easily 18 diamond ores, which can be mined with fortune pickaxe, which will give you in total around 47 diamonds.
Before reset this should be fixed, so that you may only get 18 diamonds, so that means that the placed blocks wont be effected by enchantments again.

People say only money would need to be reseted, this won't help, since there are to much materials already at the players side, that it would just cause another economy breakdown.
This is where an other players suggestion comes in, remove the money, so that trading will only be by items, without any currency. This will keep players there wealth, yet I still think the wealth is to much on one pile.

Worlds are currently a mess, and yes it would be after the reset again, but at least the all worlds would be updated to the current version and will so have the materials that had been missing in the current one. Same goes for nether.

What also would need to change is the amount of exp that is needed to level up on mcmmo.
Its now like there is almost no exp added to the new level, so basicly you just need to get the same amount +100 or something like that. Adding double the exp would make it a bit harder each level.
I think this needs to be changed because it would make it harder the level, so making it more challenging to reach the top.
-Joined 20 march 2011-
-Longest Playtime until 1947 hours-

USER_AVATAR
patisfat
Last login: 11 years ago
Played: 232 hours
Blocks Mined: 30,030
Achievements: 31

Post by patisfat » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:34 am

I believe to say there needs to be a reset you have to look deeper then just diamonds and buildings, you need to look at the state of the server and economy. I believe that there should be a reset but not after there are some major fixes.
1) Make a max on mcmmo skills because people at lvl 1500 are just ridiculous
2) Make a more stable currency system. In the first week i was here i was able to get 50k from just monster hunts alone
3) I have been here long enough to find out that minerals a rare so i think a solution to that could be a mining world that resets everyone once in a while. It would not be a world to build in but a world just to get natural resources that are rare in that worlds that aren't reset all the time. I also believe that this could count for the nether to because when ever i go there it is griefed to such an extreme that it is hard to explore.
4) I also believe that this server is not as Hardcore as some people would like to believe it is. I think a solution to that is making it griefing but have a plugin like factions or towny, Factions is a really good and easy plugin that fits in almost all servers.

If people are complaining about wanting there diamonds or enchanted wepons there might be a way where people can transfer their ender chest over to this new world full of all their items that they are so unwilling to part with. The only problem i see with this is all the people with tons of items will still have tons of items.

This is just my view on the current situation. I understand there might be players that have been here a longer time then me with better views and opinions but i just believe that i should state my opinion so then i could be doing my part to help the server.

Soulmusician
Premium 6
Last login: 3 years ago
Played: 1,341 hours
Blocks Mined: 674,851
Achievements: 111

Post by Soulmusician » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:51 pm

Yes to a reset, but saving of really important buildings as shematic file.
If thats to much work, then give all players the old world as downolad for singleplayer.

On the other hand, the ugly 4 wall buildings will be back in 1 week so nothing really will change.
Maybe a good rule would be, like it is on other servers i played that it is possible to clean an regenerate areas
after a while or just let the players clean all below 25 blocks without structure.
As example do a ruin at the rules next to a normal house and say ruins can be cleaned.
Another possibility is a plugin which allows people to selfprotect.

Really helpful for the server are posts on all different mc forums.

greiko5
Premium 3
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 564 hours
Blocks Mined: 76,757
Achievements: 72

Post by greiko5 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:08 pm

I say no for the most part.

I am all for getting the economy reset and i also agree with some of KILLGUN's ideas. Spawners need to be nerfed and shouldnt be counted in monster hunt or mcmmo. In the "U" menu store maybe you shouldnt be allowed to sell high value items like diamonds and gold and iron and as KILLGUN said, add unobtainable blocks like pillars and aerogel for people to buy.
As for getting worlds reset,
I think that the oldworld should "go" as no one plays on it. Newworld should get reset. The aether still has alot of potential in it as there is still alot of undeveloped space in it, and plus alot of people have made their homes in the aether and even small cities, if the aether got reset alot of people will be angry because all of their work will have gone away. I have seen alot of space in the aether, where my house is there is no other houses around for atleast a thousnd meters.

to conclude, if there was a total reset, worlds and all, i believe that many players will be annoyed and angry and some might even leave, this may be the only aether server but that wont stop people from leaving. Please take into consideration the ideas that everyone is giving to help fix the server now without a reset.

<3 greiko5
Umm sir please stop touching my Gertrudes.

USER_AVATAR
jt_d123
Last login: 4 years ago
Played: 136 hours
Blocks Mined: 112,073
Achievements: 60

Post by jt_d123 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:10 am

I believe there should be a reset but not a full reset. I agree mcmmo needs reset because people have used other means to get that up. I also strongly believe that the aether needs a full complete reset, reason is because I cant find 1 area that some1 ether hasn't totally mined out or completely dystoyed. Also with that reset i think that portals should spawn 1000 blocks away from each other and the person that made the portal have a 100x100 area auto protected around there portal to do what ever with. I also think that the end doesn't need a reset because no1 really uses it and there isn't really much there.. But on that note id like to say that there needs to be one end farm that every1 can use and no1 able to build in the end. As well as have rules or prems that restrict people to only 30 minutes there because the farm can be over powered. now the nether needs to be reset because of you will need nether quarts and need nether fortress to spawn.

As for the old world I agree and disagree on it being reset because people have build tons in there aswell It needs a reset because newer player cant find a place to build without ruining into some1's mine or underground base.

On that note above i think there needs to be a new map added much like the swamp lands generation but without the spawners for people to mine in, It would cut down on the running into people mines in the old world and allow for new players to get ores that are so rare in the old world because of all the mines.

Also on the spawner note I think that there should be spawners but they should be buy-able only ex by finding them in the new world or old, but when it comes to ghasp and blaze there needs to be a small about that spawn in the nether as-well maby a max limit of 100 in the shop. And for pigs/cows/sheep because of the breading feature they should be available in the form of a spawn egg. so that people don't have a unlimited supply so to say and to make the price for wool, leather, meat's go up in shops.

but on the note of spawners, all spawners at this point should be removed. I am not the only one who has a double chest of spawners nor will be the last but with the removal of the spawners the economy should come back with the idea i said above.

Now with the mcmmo problem, It should be fixed before reset because atm ores like diamonds are not worth much due to the point of the silk touch bug (or what i consider cheating) as-well as there needs to be a level cap of 2000 so that when you reach the 1000 mark you get 100% double drabs but when you reach the 2000 mark you get 50% triple drop rate.

As a conclusion if the total reset happened these ideas will help as well if it doesn't they will help control the economy a lot better.

USER_AVATAR
ironblood999
Last login: 11 years ago
Played: 18 hours
Blocks Mined: 7,411
Achievements: 10

Post by ironblood999 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:11 pm

Yes to the reset

Zarvon
Premium 1
Location: MA. That's not Maine. Maine is ME. MA is Massachusetts. Look it up.
Last login: 9 years ago
Played: 393 hours
Blocks Mined: 228,577
Achievements: 96

Post by Zarvon » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:11 am

My vid on the subject:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4FGGSfOoW4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If any right admin knows how to make embed work please, please edit my post :cheesy:
-Most craftland videos posted on youtube
-Contibutor to the craftland wiki
-Most offtopic posts on forums

nickmcski
Site Admin
Premium 6
Last login: 2 months ago
Played: 4,296 hours
Blocks Mined: 576,291
Achievements: 170

Post by nickmcski » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:33 am

Zarvon wrote:My vid on the subject:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4FGGSfOoW4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If any right admin knows how to make embed work please, please edit my post :cheesy:
I'm not sure if the was the problem but once I changed my signature and unchecked disable BBcode embeds started working.
Contributor to the craftland wiki http://wiki.craftland.org/wiki
Craftland coder.
3500+ Hours played
2500+ Hours as a Craftland admin.