About the new world

Please post your suggestions to the server, webpage and forum in this forum!
Zarvon
Premium 1
Location: MA. That's not Maine. Maine is ME. MA is Massachusetts. Look it up.
Last login: 9 years ago
Played: 393 hours
Blocks Mined: 228,577
Achievements: 96

About the new world

Post by Zarvon » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:48 pm

Apparently we're having a new world added, and world will be deleted.
Sooooooooo.....

Can it PLEASE be griefing legal? Because nobody ever needs anything from the nether, there are very, very few opportunities to grief there. Griefing would add a new level of skill and tactics that we haven't seen before. The pvp we have here is sad - everyone goes into an arena and the person with the highest unarmed/axes skill wins. But actual pvp is so different. You carry lava buckets on you for nuking your opponents. Invis potions are a must, and you're always on the lookout for other particles from players so you can shoot them with your overpowered bow.

THAT's pvp and griefing. And I'd LOVE to see it happen. I really miss griefing! :(
-Most craftland videos posted on youtube
-Contibutor to the craftland wiki
-Most offtopic posts on forums

nickmcski
Site Admin
Premium 6
Last login: 28 days ago
Played: 4,297 hours
Blocks Mined: 576,291
Achievements: 170

Re: About the new world

Post by nickmcski » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:17 pm

Zarvon wrote:Apparently we're having a new world added, and world will be deleted.
Sooooooooo.....

Can it PLEASE be griefing legal? Because nobody ever needs anything from the nether, there are very, very few opportunities to grief there. Griefing would add a new level of skill and tactics that we haven't seen before. The pvp we have here is sad - everyone goes into an arena and the person with the highest unarmed/axes skill wins. But actual pvp is so different. You carry lava buckets on you for nuking your opponents. Invis potions are a must, and you're always on the lookout for other particles from players so you can shoot them with your overpowered bow.

THAT's pvp and griefing. And I'd LOVE to see it happen. I really miss griefing! :(
I know nidefawl is making a town system, mabey is a area is not claimed by that town (or by worldgaurd) then I think nidefawl should make griefing allowed.
Contributor to the craftland wiki http://wiki.craftland.org/wiki
Craftland coder.
3500+ Hours played
2500+ Hours as a Craftland admin.

Zarvon
Premium 1

Post by Zarvon » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:38 pm

We could have it like faction areas - the level of protection would be equal to how much you've died. I remember fondly patisfat and I hunting down owners of an "impenetrable" base and systematically killing them one by one to lower their power and then claim their land.

Also, about the new world: is it true that there will be "custom spawners", and what will that mean?

Handyman
Premium 6
Accountname: handman1991
Last login: 5 years ago
Played: 2,219 hours
Blocks Mined: 733,406
Achievements: 126

Post by Handyman » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:43 pm

Never anything heard about custom spawners, so it most likely its just a false rumor.
I did hear nidefawl talking a townsystem before, so what you want, might get into this.
-Joined 20 march 2011-
-Longest Playtime until 1947 hours-

Cynthriel
Premium 3
Last login: 8 years ago
Played: 1,088 hours
Blocks Mined: 409,895
Achievements: 117

Post by Cynthriel » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:14 pm

Zarvon wrote:We could have it like faction areas - the level of protection would be equal to how much you've died. I remember fondly patisfat and I hunting down owners of an "impenetrable" base and systematically killing them one by one to lower their power and then claim their land.

Also, about the new world: is it true that there will be "custom spawners", and what will that mean?
The plan was greatly considering griefing outside towns, it was more like "debate why it should be a rule" rather than "debate why it shouldn't be a rule".

not sure nide's stance on it now.

Also, a way to "fuel" spawners so they're nerfed.

USER_AVATAR
patisfat
Last login: 11 years ago
Played: 232 hours
Blocks Mined: 30,030
Achievements: 31

Post by patisfat » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:07 pm

Zarvon wrote:We could have it like faction areas - the level of protection would be equal to how much you've died. I remember fondly patisfat and I hunting down owners of an "impenetrable" base and systematically killing them one by one to lower their power and then claim their land.
Ahh good times :D

Only problem... i just started building my base in the normal world so i would vote no on griefing inless there was a faction or town system to protect my land.

Zarvon
Premium 1

Post by Zarvon » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:21 pm

Nide said that he thought the admins would enjoy it (and perhaps implied he would too..?) but said he wasn't sure how other players would like it.

This is why I think having one griefing world (other than the nether) would be nice because it would give players options to griefing/non-griefing play.

Cynthriel
Premium 3

Post by Cynthriel » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:13 am

I think greifing should be separated by servers, not worlds.
Player's immediate reaction may not be best for them; those who oppose may find it fun. There could be a few measures to make sure people don't make towns all over everything, yet people can join a town when they first start off that is peaceful.

Zarvon
Premium 1

Post by Zarvon » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:56 am

Cynthriel wrote:I think greifing should be separated by servers, not worlds.
I'm not sure what you mean by this... Are you saying that griefing is fine, but if so it should be an all-griefing server? Or are you saying that Craftland is not a griefing server and shouldn't become one?

Cynthriel
Premium 3

Post by Cynthriel » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:08 am

Zarvon wrote:
Cynthriel wrote:I think greifing should be separated by servers, not worlds.
I'm not sure what you mean by this... Are you saying that griefing is fine, but if so it should be an all-griefing server? Or are you saying that Craftland is not a griefing server and shouldn't become one?
I think it should be either all grief or no grief.
Griefing in the wild, yes. But people need some measure of protection among themselves.