Rewards for voting

Please post your suggestions to the server, webpage and forum in this forum!
Blackjack
Premium 3
Accountname: __Blackjack__
Last login: 9 years ago
Played: 881 hours
Blocks Mined: 419,565
Achievements: 93

Re: Rewards for voting

Post by Blackjack » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:20 am

I think we could set it up like this:

When you vote, once per day, you get 5 "special credits" which count towards a shop that sells items normally unobtainable to players, like sponge, dungeon stone, pillars, etc. Anything that's more of a building block than something that can be exploited. This will provide an incentive for players to vote every day, if we price pillars at say, 10 coins. That might seem like a lot, but it'll build over time. Or, if not enough people are voting that way, we could raise the reward to 20-30 credits.

I don't know how much of a bitch that would be to code, so if that didn't work, we could have a system where if a player votes, they get something small, like, 5 pork. If they vote for a week, with maybe only missing a day or two between votes, the 5 pork bumps to 30 pork. Then to 1 gravite. And so on. That way, the more time a player spends voting, the greater the rewards become. It could max out at something like 20 gravite, or 5 diamonds. Or something else.

Other ways, are achievements. Vote 100 times, = zombie spawner. Vote another 200 times, = skeleton spawner. vote another 300 times, = ghast spawner, and so on. All with achievements like "Voter I, Voter II, Voter III, Voter IV," and so on.

I think the top two theories would work better than the third, and we'd have to put signs somewhere letting newbies know that voting = GOOD. Possibly, if Nide and Marc did their coder magic and built a special shop into the GUI, it could include a link to the voting page?

Just some theories. Say which one you guys think would be best.
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some people just abuse the privilege.

USER_AVATAR
klubjosh
Premium 2
Last login: 11 years ago
Played: 236 hours
Blocks Mined: 47,799
Achievements: 33

Post by klubjosh » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:24 am

__Blackjack__ wrote:I think we could set it up like this:

When you vote, once per day, you get 5 "special credits" which count towards a shop that sells items normally unobtainable to players, like sponge, dungeon stone, pillars, etc. Anything that's more of a building block than something that can be exploited. This will provide an incentive for players to vote every day, if we price pillars at say, 10 coins. That might seem like a lot, but it'll build over time. Or, if not enough people are voting that way, we could raise the reward to 20-30 credits.

I don't know how much of a bitch that would be to code, so if that didn't work, we could have a system where if a player votes, they get something small, like, 5 pork. If they vote for a week, with maybe only missing a day or two between votes, the 5 pork bumps to 30 pork. Then to 1 gravite. And so on. That way, the more time a player spends voting, the greater the rewards become. It could max out at something like 20 gravite, or 5 diamonds. Or something else.

Other ways, are achievements. Vote 100 times, = zombie spawner. Vote another 200 times, = skeleton spawner. vote another 300 times, = ghast spawner, and so on. All with achievements like "Voter I, Voter II, Voter III, Voter IV," and so on.

I think the top two theories would work better than the third, and we'd have to put signs somewhere letting newbies know that voting = GOOD. Possibly, if Nide and Marc did their coder magic and built a special shop into the GUI, it could include a link to the voting page?

Just some theories. Say which one you guys think would be best.
Those sound like all good ideas except I wouldn't want to vote for a year to get a ghast spawner.
It just seems a little unappealing.

Blackjack
Premium 3
Accountname: __Blackjack__
Played: 881 hours
Blocks Mined: 419,565
Achievements: 93

Post by Blackjack » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:27 am

Two things:
1) Fuck you replied fast.
2) We can tweak as much of the voting / reward ratio as we need to.
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some people just abuse the privilege.

Zarvon
Premium 1
Location: MA. That's not Maine. Maine is ME. MA is Massachusetts. Look it up.
Played: 393 hours
Blocks Mined: 228,577
Achievements: 96

Post by Zarvon » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:34 am

I really, really hope we can do credits. Newbies like cash. Ask Jacob (Xykon58) - the second he gets coins he goes "Where can I spend these?!?" If you give people that incentive, ESPECIALLY to blocks that only look cool (when you think about it, a wooden plank has about 30 more uses than a purple aercloud) then the economy won't take a hit at all and the server will get tons and tons of votes. I love your "credits" idea. Seems a win-win. Even if a newbie votes once for credits (they probably wouldn't start trying to work towards an achieve) that's still a vote.

It's really great to see everyone coming up with all this stuff I'd never dreamed of. You guys are geniuses.
-Most craftland videos posted on youtube
-Contibutor to the craftland wiki
-Most offtopic posts on forums

Mr_Blobby
Banned
Premium 2
Accountname: blobbosezhi2
Played: 803 hours
Blocks Mined: 192,796
Achievements: 73

Post by Mr_Blobby » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:09 am

Add a 5 credit boost for first vote, to drag people in. This seems like a plan.
-Craftland Admin-
-In loving memory of Mr Blobby, departed 1999-

Zarvon
Premium 1

Post by Zarvon » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:21 pm

blobbosezhi2 wrote:Add a 5 credit boost for first vote, to drag people in. This seems like a plan.
Would 5 credits be a LOT, like each vote is one, or would it be based on karl's system and just a little help? And I just realized we could actually have those achievements, too, along with the credits as a reward for dedicated players voting all the time. They don't have to be exclusive.

Mr_Blobby
Banned
Premium 2
Accountname: blobbosezhi2
Played: 803 hours
Blocks Mined: 192,796
Achievements: 73

Post by Mr_Blobby » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:44 pm

Zarvon wrote: Would 5 credits be a LOT, like each vote is one, or would it be based on karl's system and just a little help? And I just realized we could actually have those achievements, too, along with the credits as a reward for dedicated players voting all the time. They don't have to be exclusive.
Just so newbies can get a peek of what the system would have to offer. Catch my drift?
-Craftland Admin-
-In loving memory of Mr Blobby, departed 1999-

Zarvon
Premium 1

Post by Zarvon » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:47 pm

Awesome.

USER_AVATAR
klubjosh
Premium 2
Played: 236 hours
Blocks Mined: 47,799
Achievements: 33

Post by klubjosh » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:43 pm

Instead of the massive voting popups that we used to have, could we have like a small popup in the bottom right corner that doesn't affect game play?

Killgun
Premium 1
Accountname: KILLGUN345
Last login: 8 years ago
Played: 912 hours
Blocks Mined: 62,183
Achievements: 51

Post by Killgun » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:47 pm

I agree with all of this, plus this is a HUGE advantage to admins, because they no longer have to fight over getting unobtainables from players, cause now, they would all be obtainable.

HELLFIRE STONE EVERYWHERE! MWA HA HA HA HA HA!
http://nightriderturbo.com/
AHHHHHHHHH
GOTTA STEER OHGODOHGOD *steering wheel pops off*
NONONOOOO WELL MAYBE MY LAST MOMENTS WILL IN PEACEFUL MUSIC *accidently tears out radio*
WHYYYYYYYY
~Ritz~